Microsoft confirms no new Xbox "anytime soon"
"While we appreciate all the interest in our long-range plans for the future, we can confirm that there will be no talk of new Xbox hardware at [the Electronic Entertainment Expo] or anytime soon," Microsoft's spokesperson Frank Shaw told AllThingsD. "For us, 2012 is all about Xbox 360."
Rumors of the next Xbox have already begun making rounds. Video game blogs like IGN and Kotaku report that the next Xbox may add a Blu-ray player, Kinect 2 and a 2013 release date.
"I've heard from one reliable industry source that Microsoft intends to incorporate some sort of anti-used game system as part of their so-called Xbox 720," said Kotaku editor Stephen Totilo. "My source wasn't sure how Microsoft intended to implement any anti-used game system in the new machine."
While a next generation video game console would be welcome, there's no shortage of demand for the Xbox 360. The popular console outsoldthe PlayStation 3 and Nintendo Wii in 2011 by over 2.7 million units.
Popular in SciTech
- Amazon proposes a colossal biospherelike Seattle campus
- Weird pirate ant comes with an "eye patch"
- The 7 weirdest things made by 3D printing
- NASA funds 3D pizza printer
- Microsoft announces Xbox One 16 Photos
- Xbox One Press Conference
- Microsoft announces Xbox One
- Watch: NASA captures Okla. tornado from space Play Video