Facebook 'friend' offer exposes man's other wife
(AP) TACOMA, Wash. - A Washington state corrections officer has been charged with bigamy after Facebook discovered two women were connected to him and suggested they might want to "friend."
Prosecutors in Pierce County say Alan L. O'Neill married a woman in 2001, moved out in 2009, changed his name and remarried without divorcing wife No. 1.
Wife No. 1 found out about Wife No. 2 when Facebook detected their connection to O'Neill and suggested the friendship connection.
The News Tribune reports O'Neill was placed on administrative leave after prosecutors charged him Thursday.
Popular in SciTech
- iPhone 5S and low-cost iPhone said to be multicolored
- Weird pirate ant comes with an "eye patch"
- Ashton Kutcher on Twitter: "Media kind of f***ed it up"
- Apple's next iPhone may be coming in June
- The 7 weirdest things made by 3D printing
- Jennifer Lopez to open Verizon cellphone stores
- Amazon proposes a colossal biospherelike Seattle campus
- Alternatives to Google Reader