Apple iPad 3 event confirmed
Apple invited members of the press to attend an event on March 7 at San Francisco's Yerba Buena Center for the Arts. The only text accompanying a photo of an iPad says, "We have something you really have to see. And touch."
The event will start at 10 a.m. Pacific Time.
Speculation over Apple's next tablet computer has been expectedly rampant. Just yesterday, we reported that electronics retail chain Best Buy dropped the prices of iPads by $50.
Some of the most anticipated upgrades to the iPad include Retina Display, a faster processor and 4G LTE support. CNET's Josh Lowensohn's keen eye noticed the iPad pictured in the invitation is missing a home button.
"The simplest explanation here is that it's a photo of (what is presumably) an iPad 2 on its side," explained Lowensohn. "Something that's not that much of a stretch, given that the iPad has been designed to work the same way, no matter which end is down."
We are on official iPad 3 watch, folks. March 7 can't come soon enough!
Popular in SciTech
- Amazon proposes a colossal biospherelike Seattle campus
- Weird pirate ant comes with an "eye patch"
- Jennifer Lopez to open Verizon cellphone stores
- Apple's next iPhone may be coming in June
- The 7 weirdest things made by 3D printing
- Google to add Galapagos Islands to Street View
- "God particle": Why the Higgs boson matters
- Watch: Biggest solar storm of the year Play Video