Google TV announcements slated for Monday
Google is teasing the world with a promise of "big announcements" tomorrow regarding Google TV.
Google representatives did not immediately respond to requests for more information, so it looks like we will have to wait until tomorrow to see what the company has up its sleeve. Perhaps the company will take the wraps off consumer hardware the company is reportedly developing.
The company is working on a home entertainment device that would "stream music wirelessly throughout the home" and be marketed under Google's name, according to a Wall Street Journal report last week.
Google has dabbled with consumer products before and has met with mixed results. Google TV is software intended to power smart TVs and other Web-connected devices but that effort has largely foundered. Google was also behind the Nexus One, which was built by HTC. However, the so called Google Phone was a commercial disappointment.
Update: Despite promises of something big, it turn out the announcement is an updated Google TV YouTube app.
This story first appeared on CNET News
Popular in SciTech
- Weird pirate ant comes with an "eye patch"
- Amazon proposes a colossal biospherelike Seattle campus
- Watch: NASA captures Okla. tornado from space Play Video
- The 7 weirdest things made by 3D printing
- Xbox One Press Conference
- Microsoft announces Xbox One
- Microsoft announces Xbox One 16 Photos
- NASA funds 3D pizza printer