President Barack Obama joins Instagram
Instagram's popularity exploded in 2011 and became the Apple's app of the year.
Available on the iPhone, the app lets you upload photos from your camera or photo library and apply retro filters or a tilt-shift effect and share them with the public. It's sort of like a Twitter for photos.
The account is run by the Obama 2012 staff. They encourage users to share photos from the campaign trail by using the hashtag #Obama2012.
So far, the account has posted three photos and gained 18,186 followers.
Obama gained a reputation as the first Internet President in 2008 because of his large following on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Keeping with the trend in 2011, the President held a Twitter town hall and joined Google+.If you want to follow the President, search for his user name, barackobama, on Instagram.
Popular in SciTech
- Watch: NASA captures Okla. tornado from space Play Video
- Microsoft announces Xbox One
- Storms that spawned deadly Oklahoma tornadoes seen from space (video)
- Power of Okla. tornado surpassed Hiroshima bomb
- Microsoft announces Xbox One 16 Photos
- The 7 weirdest things made by 3D printing
- First look at the Xbox One Play Video
- Calif. teen wins Intel Science Research competition Play Video