Steve Jobs wins posthumous Grammy
(CBS) - The Recording Academy announced today that it would honor the late Steve Jobs with a Grammy at the Special Merit Awards.
Jobs revolutionized the music industry by pushing us into the digital age with the iPod and creating a new model for music distribution. When the iPod was launched, disc mans were the music player of choice.
Which Grammy will Jobs win? The Recording Academy is awarding the co-founder of Apple with the Trustee Award, which honors non-performing contributions to the music industry.
Other honorees include Glen Campbell, the Allman Brothers Band, George Jones and Diana Ross. They will be recipients of Lifetime Achievement Awards.
Jobs died on Oct. 5 after losing a battle with pancreatic cancer.
A ceremony will be held for the even on Feb. 11, 2012, a day before the Grammy Awards airs on CBS.
Popular in SciTech
- Take a billion-pixel tour of Mars
- Baby named Like after Facebook button
- Airborne laser reveals hidden city in Cambodia
- Apple TV gets HBO GO, WatchESPN
- NASA unveils plans to capture asteroids
- Privacy officials request details on Google Glass
- Solar plane lands at Dulles Airport Play Video
- Draft House bill threatens $1 billion in NASA funding cuts