Life-size Mario Kart is every Nintendo nerd's dream
(CBS) - If anyone can make a working life-size model of Mario's classic red car from Mario Kart, it's West Coast Customs.
To promote the first title in the Mario Kart franchise to feature 3D graphics for the 3DS, Nintendo of America recruited the "Pimp My Ride" crew to recreate two classic gaming vehicles, Mario's personal race car and Luigi's Bumble V car, for this years Los Angeles auto show.
Though the hang glider and underwater propeller on Mario and Luigi's rides are just for aesthetics, the vehicles can be driven under their own power, according to CNET News.
"This idea came about because we wanted to find a way to show Mario Kart in 3D," Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime explains in the video. "...There was only one company that can do it and that was West Coast Customs."
Mario Kart 7 will be released on December 4th.
Popular in SciTech
- NASA unveils plans to capture asteroids
- Last telegram ever to be sent July 14
- Privacy officials request details on Google Glass
- Airborne laser reveals hidden city in Cambodia
- Solar plane lands at Dulles Airport Play Video
- Chinese supercomputer named world's fastest
- Was there a rape joke at Microsoft's Xbox One event?
- Apple TV gets HBO GO, WatchESPN