Spotify to unveil "what's next" in conference next week
(CBS/CNET) - Spotify sent out invitations today for a global press conference teasing "what's next" for the music streaming service.
The invitation was light on details, only saying that founder and CEO Daniel Ek and "a special guest or two" would be around to make an announcement. The conference is scheduled for November 30 at 9 a.m. PT.
Already a popular service in Europe, Spotify launched in the U.S. in July. It's unclear how successful its model has been so far, and what the company plans to add to its offering.
Customers can get a free ad-supported service with some limits, an unlimited service for $4.99 a month, and a premium service for $9.99 a month that includes mobile access, exclusive content, and better quality audio.
Popular in SciTech
- iPhone 5S and low-cost iPhone said to be multicolored
- Android 4.3 pops up in the wild after skipping Google I/O
- Ashton Kutcher on Twitter: "Media kind of f***ed it up"
- Weird pirate ant comes with an "eye patch"
- Apple's next iPhone may be coming in June
- 5 off-beat tech stories of the week
- Can a floating robot save a polluted canal?
- New Flickr comes with 1 terabyte free storage