AAAS: Global Warming Worse Than Predicted
Working late tonight to finish a story for tomorrow's Early Show about a new warning from scientists about the pace of global warming. The AAAS (American Association for the Advancement of Science) met in Chicago over the weekend and released a dire warning: previous models of industrial greenhouse gas emissions were low, and the feedback loop associated with warming temperatures will only escalate. What does this mean for the planet? You can read more here, and be sure to watch Monday morning.© 2009 CBS Interactive Inc.. All Rights Reserved.
Popular in SciTech
- Oops! The five greatest scientific blunders
- Danish teenager makes rare Viking find
- Beam this up: Creating the sounds of "Star Trek"
- 40 years later: Why the Endangered Species Act still matters
- Apple's next iPhone may be coming in June
- Google security: you (still) are the weakest link
- Thousands online proclaim: Jahar Tsarnaev is innocent
- Amazing ESO photo shows Orion's hidden fiery ribbon