Nintendo Event Staring Disney
Since May of 2005, Rockefeller Plaza hasn't quite been the same. The plaza is still highly trafficked by many tourists gawking at the amazing sites and such but there's an added bonus.
Nintendo games officially have been given a home.
The Nintendo World Store successfully opened its doors on this day and since then has received a constant flow of sometimes tourists gawking at the amazing innards of this lavishly decorated video game heaven. Both fans and the simply inquisitive on lookers marvel at the simple decadence of this new plaza edition. The store has been visited by press, entertainers, VIPs, etc. and now Disney is no exception.
If you're in the NYC area on March 10th, pay a visit to the Nintendo World Store at Rockefeller Plaza ran most efficiently by the great Paul Gonzalez. He'll be there along with Disney launching a Nintendo DS title called "Spectrobes". You might have a chance to see Disney's producer of Spectrobes from Japan, Kentaro Hisai San. But the fun doesn't stop there. A Spectrobes tournament will take place between 3 and 4pm ET where the grand prize will be a one of a kind Spectrobe Nintendo DS System.
For more information about Spectrobes, please visit: http://www.spectrobes.com
Check back next week for highlights from the event at CBSNews.com/gamecore
Popular in SciTech
- Airborne laser reveals hidden city in Cambodia
- Chinese supercomputer named world's fastest
- Valentina Tereshkova: First woman in space 13 Photos
- NASA picks 8 new astronauts, 4 of them women
- Solar plane lands at Dulles Airport Play Video
- NASA unveils plans to capture asteroids
- Last telegram ever to be sent July 14
- "Tweet" added to Oxford English Dictionary