What Mashable Pete Cashmore's "friends" love and hate about Facebook
When Pete Cashmore posted a question on his Facebook page asking what people like and hate about the site, our ears perked up because we love a lively debate.
When Cashmore asked what the best thing about Facebook was, we had an "awww" moment and a few creepy ones. FYI, Cashmore's comment trolls are more like female worshipers, praising the Irishman's good looks. Ladies, if they serve Kool-Aid at the next Mashable mixer, run!
Most people like that Facebook is a free service that lets them connect with old friends. Other answers were a bit more offbeat. For instance, some people enjoy the stalking.
The one that stood out to us was from a user from an undisclosed location that said, "i live in a cage, faraway....FACEBOOK makes my cage a living palace - over HUNDREDS of my loved ones r in my cage EVERYDAY. WHEN ever... i want them to :D [sic]"
Okay, that was sort of creepy, but really sweet. Often times, we're so cynical and take technology for granted, but there are people who actually benefit from the things that occasionally inconvenience our goofing off time at work.
We want to ask you. What do you love and hate about Facebook?
Top 20 most engaging Facebook pages
Popular in SciTech
- Amazon proposes a colossal biospherelike Seattle campus
- Weird pirate ant comes with an "eye patch"
- The 7 weirdest things made by 3D printing
- Watch: Biggest solar storm of the year Play Video
- Jennifer Lopez to open Verizon cellphone stores
- NASA funds 3D pizza printer
- Microsoft announces Xbox One
- Apple's next iPhone may be coming in June