A view of 60 seconds in the life of the Internet
Go-Gulf.com, a Dubai-based graphic design firm, published a graphic from Shanghai Web Designers showing what happens on the Internet in 60 seconds. For example:
Infographic by- Shanghai Web Designers
- 694,445 Google search queries
- 600 videos YouTube videos uploaded
- 695,000 status updates, 79,364 wall posts and 510,040 comments on Facebook
- 98,000 tweets
It's not clear just how the 60-second data represented in chart compares to reality, but safe to say that the Internet continues to grow at warp speed, with Google and Facebook accounting for close to 20 percent of visits in the U.S.
Popular in SciTech
- iPhone 5S and low-cost iPhone said to be multicolored
- Android 4.3 pops up in the wild after skipping Google I/O
- Weird pirate ant comes with an "eye patch"
- Ashton Kutcher on Twitter: "Media kind of f***ed it up"
- Apple's next iPhone may be coming in June
- The 7 weirdest things made by 3D printing
- 5 off-beat tech stories of the week
- Jennifer Lopez to open Verizon cellphone stores