Don't forget to catch Oprah Winfrey today on Facebook Live
(CBS) - Facebook's online TV show has already had some pretty awesome guests. President Barrack Obama, former President George W. Bush, actor Vin Diesel, even singer Katy Perry have been on it.
Today, get ready to watch (and perhaps try to talk to?) daytime talk show legend Oprah Winfrey on Facebook Live. She comes on for a one-hour chat with chief operating officer Sheryl Sandberg. It all begins at 1:30 p.m. PST.
"Winfrey's appearance on Facebook Live coincides with her private meeting with Silicon Valley leaders at Sandberg's home," says San Francisco Chronicle.
On September 2, the New York Post reported that Oprah is seeking advice on boosting traffic to Oprah.com. Since the show ended, traffic had dropped. In fact, although Winfrey's own Facebook page garners 6.3 million fans, the Oprah Winfrey Network only has 866,000. "Winfrey will sit down with executives to learn as much as she can about the future of the Web and how best to harness social media, a source said," according to the New York Post.
Winfrey won't be the only one on the show. The brain trust includes LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner, Demand Media CEO Richard Rosenblatt and Twitter CEO Dick Costolo.
Looks like Winfrey is planning her next go at domination: the Internet.
Log on and stream because they're still looking for questions from the social media audience! Here's the link: on.fb.me/fblivehq.
Popular in SciTech
- Oops! The five greatest scientific blunders
- Study: Extensive glacial melting on Mount Everest
- 40 years later: Why the Endangered Species Act still matters
- Apple's next iPhone may be coming in June
- Beam this up: Creating the sounds of "Star Trek"
- Thousands online proclaim: Jahar Tsarnaev is innocent
- Google security: you (still) are the weakest link
- Zynga demands employees return stock or get fired