Watch Miramax movies on Facebook
Miramax's Facebook fan page has only 17,734 likes. According to their data, however, there are "over 50 million friends on Facebook" that mention or interact with a Miramax property.
Lang also stated that their ultimate goal is to let users "buy films and store them in their own cloud-based digital locker - to then access the content anywhere they want, across ALL devices." The first step in that goal is the release of the App with movie rental capabilities.
Miramax is based in Santa Monica, Calif. and has over 700 motions pictures in their library, including "The English Patient," "No Country for Old Men" and "Reservoir Dog."
This isn't the first movie studio to make a deal with Facebook. Warner Brothers began offering movies rental on individual movie fan pages in March 2011.
Popular in SciTech
- Watch: NASA captures Okla. tornado from space Play Video
- Weird pirate ant comes with an "eye patch"
- The 7 weirdest things made by 3D printing
- Microsoft announces Xbox One
- Amazon proposes a colossal biospherelike Seattle campus
- Microsoft announces Xbox One 16 Photos
- Xbox One Press Conference
- Storms that spawned deadly Oklahoma tornadoes seen from space (video)