Stephen Colbert sent to space?
(CBS) - If you're a fan of The Colbert Report, you're aware that Mr. Stephen Colbert has a thing for space travel.
Well, MakerBot Industries, a company that specializes in creating 3D printers for do-it-yourselfers, brought him one step closer after launching a model of his head into outer space via weather balloon.
A FlipCam attached to the weather balloon captured its departure into space and GPS enabled cell phone helped track its location.
Hey - anything is better than that crummy treadmill NASA named after him.
Popular in SciTech
- Watch: NASA captures Okla. tornado from space Play Video
- Microsoft announces Xbox One
- The 7 weirdest things made by 3D printing
- Power of Okla. tornado surpassed Hiroshima bomb
- Storms that spawned deadly Oklahoma tornadoes seen from space (video)
- Microsoft announces Xbox One 16 Photos
- First look at the Xbox One Play Video
- Calif. teen wins Intel Science Research competition Play Video