Anonymous threatens Facebook with Guy Fawkes Day attack
Hacking group Anonymous has threatened to "kill" Facebook on Guy Fawkes Day, citing the social network's disregard for people's privacy. In a statement released Tuesday Anonymous said, "Facebook is the opposite of the Antisec cause."
The hackers made some serious accusations and explained their beef with the social network. "Facebook has been selling information to government agencies and giving clandestine access to information security firms so that they can spy on people from all around the world. Some of these so-called whitehat infosec firms are working for authoritarian governments, such as those of Egypt and Syria," the news release detailed.
One of the scariest quotes from Anonymous' message is when they stated: "This is our world now."
While, they have their own mission and purpose. It seems like the frequency of hackers attacking average citizens is on the rise. If Anonymous or any of their spin-off groups, like LulzSec, get their way, what would their version of Utopia look like?
No government. No police. Dear God! No Facebook?
The alleged attack is happening on November 5.
Popular in SciTech
- Weird pirate ant comes with an "eye patch"
- Watch: NASA captures Okla. tornado from space Play Video
- Amazon proposes a colossal biospherelike Seattle campus
- The 7 weirdest things made by 3D printing
- Xbox One Press Conference
- Microsoft announces Xbox One
- Microsoft announces Xbox One 16 Photos
- NASA funds 3D pizza printer