Google Labs, thanks for the innovation
The project was once part of Google Labs, a website that contains all of the search engine's experimental projects. Other projects that have graduated into supported products include iGoogle and Google Reader.
How about all of the laughs that we've gotten from Google Suggests? Many blogs have posted funny search results. Google Docs and Spreadsheets overhauled the way we collaborate with co-workers and friends.These tools have changed the way we live.
Google is currently narrowing its focus, as described in the blog post: "More wood behind fewer arrows." In the announcement, senior vice president of "we're prioritizing our product efforts. As part of that process, we've decided to wind down Google Labs."
He added, "We believe that greater focus is crucial if we're to make the most of the extraordinary opportunities ahead."
With the Google+ gaining steam, we don't blame them. But we can't help but feel warm and fuzzy about all of that innovation goodness.
Popular in SciTech
- Oops! The five greatest scientific blunders
- Study: Extensive glacial melting on Mount Everest
- 40 years later: Why the Endangered Species Act still matters
- Beam this up: Creating the sounds of "Star Trek"
- Apple's next iPhone may be coming in June
- Danish teenager makes rare Viking find
- Google security: you (still) are the weakest link
- Thousands online proclaim: Jahar Tsarnaev is innocent