Motorola, Verizon Make Droid 2 Official
A little more of that, please? When it introduced the Motorola Droid, Verizon had an instant smash on its hands. Now the companies are hoping for a repeat performance with the Droid 2. After weeks of leaks, the official announcement hit the wire earlier today.
Pre-ordering will start tomorrow at VerizonWireless.com. The units retail for $199.99 after $100 mail-in rebate and 2-year contract. Stores will start carrying the units August 12.
The specs include:
- Slide-out QWERTY keyboard
- Google Android 2.2
- 1 GHz processor and 512 MB RAM
- 8 GB of installed Flash memory
- 3.7 inch display
- 5 megapixel camera
- microSD card slot
Popular in SciTech
- Amazon proposes a colossal biospherelike Seattle campus
- Weird pirate ant comes with an "eye patch"
- Jennifer Lopez to open Verizon cellphone stores
- Apple's next iPhone may be coming in June
- The 7 weirdest things made by 3D printing
- Google to add Galapagos Islands to Street View
- "God particle": Why the Higgs boson matters
- Watch: Biggest solar storm of the year Play Video