Poll: Your Picks for Best CEOs in Tech
Fortune on Friday published its picks for the "smartest people in tech," a list that lists predictably with Apple's Steve Jobs as top CEO in the industry.
"He is a visionary, a micromanager, and a showman who creates such anticipation around new products that their releases are veritable holidays, "the article gushes. "And Jobs is a pop culture icon like no other business executive."
Hard to disagree with that description, as it's now likely conventional wisdom. But turn the dial back a few years, when Jobs was still in exile from Apple, and the general opinion about the business acumen shown by Apple's co-founder was less over-the-top. (Ditto for some of Fortune's other category winners, such as Mary Meeker as top analyst.) But that's the nature of lists, isn't it?
So who would you select as your starting five? Let us know in the Talkback section below, as well as in our accompanying poll.
Popular in SciTech
- Airborne laser reveals hidden city in Cambodia
- Last telegram ever to be sent July 14
- Solar plane lands at Dulles Airport Play Video
- Chinese supercomputer named world's fastest
- NASA unveils plans to capture asteroids
- Valentina Tereshkova: First woman in space 13 Photos
- Was there a rape joke at Microsoft's Xbox One event?
- "Tweet" added to Oxford English Dictionary