Zuckerberg: 1 Billion on Facebook Almost "Guaranteed"
After passing the 500 million user mark, Mark Zuckerberg says it's only a matter of time before Facebook reaches 1 billion users. In an interview with The Guardian, Facebook's CEO also said an initial public offering was in the company's plans.© 2010 CBS Interactive Inc.. All Rights Reserved.
- Zuckerberg, who said he had recently met Prime Minister David Cameron "for just a minute [when] he was busy rolling out the budget", also admitted that one day he could see Facebook floating on the stockmarket - just not anytime soon.
- He added that there was "no chance" Facebook, which has cracked the 500 million user mark, would hit 1 billion this year but argued that "it is almost a guarantee that it will happen".
- "If we succeed [in innovating and remaining relevant] there is a good chance of bringing this to a billion people" it will be interesting to see how it plays out," he said speaking to two packed auditoriums - one via video link - at the Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival.
- Facebook's global domination is almost complete, he said. "We are down to just four countries where we aren't the leading social network."
Popular in SciTech
- Weird pirate ant comes with an "eye patch"
- Amazon proposes a colossal biospherelike Seattle campus
- Watch: NASA captures Okla. tornado from space Play Video
- The 7 weirdest things made by 3D printing
- Microsoft announces Xbox One
- Thermal imaging a tool in Oklahoma tornado search efforts
- Xbox One Press Conference
- NASA funds 3D pizza printer