Report:3D PCs Soon to Boom
First, there were 3D TVs. Next up: 3D PCs trickle out in 2010 and then ramp in 2011 and 2012, according to Jon Peddie Research.
In a report on the Stereo 3D PC market, Jon Peddie Research argues that 1 million 3D PCs will ship in 2010 and surge to 75 million units by 2014. Simply put, 3D will become a standard feature in your PC in four years.
And here's the hedge from Jon Peddie Research:
Although most PCs will be S3D capable due to the GPUs that are in them, not all PCs will be S3D PCs because they need a special monitor, glasses, and appropriate content.
PC makers will push 3D PCs because they will carry higher price points. According to Jon Peddie Research, PC gaming will drive demand. After gaming, Blu-ray movies, streaming TV, photo editing, home video, streaming video and professional graphics will drive 3D PC usage.
Read more of "3D PCs coming soon then a boom, says report" at ZDNet's Between the Lines.
Popular in SciTech
- Amazon proposes a colossal biospherelike Seattle campus
- Weird pirate ant comes with an "eye patch"
- The 7 weirdest things made by 3D printing
- Watch: Biggest solar storm of the year Play Video
- Jennifer Lopez to open Verizon cellphone stores
- NASA funds 3D pizza printer
- Microsoft announces Xbox One
- Xbox One Press Conference