Man accidently shoots self, wife at gun safety class
(AP) ROANOKE, Va. - A Roanoke man and his wife were recovering after he accidentally shot himself and her during a firearms safety class.
The Bedford County Sheriff's Office tells media outlets that Michael L. Deel shot himself in the hand with a .45-caliber handgun. The bullet also struck his wife, Michelle, in the leg as she was sitting beside him.
The incident occurred Saturday during a firearms safety class at a residence. The instructor, Thomas Starke, told police he'd left the room and then heard a shot.
The Deels were taken to a local hospital where they were treated for non-life threatening injuries.
Michael Deel says the shooting was a "stupid accident."
Popular in Strange
- Bluegrass rendition of Daft Punk's "One More Time"
- See Google Glass through the eyes of a toddler
- 4-year-old girl likely knows comics better than you
- Bear chasing man up a tree is totally surreal to see
- Fun with humor and music from YouTube Comedy Week
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- Clever cat opens five doors in a row to go outside
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Fascinating footage after grizzly bear eats camera
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- YouTube marks birthday with music, comedy and cats
- Teen with rare bone cancer inspires through music
- Chemistry into dubstep and music in the everyday
- An amazing mashup of music in just one minute
- Kate Upton gets asked to prom by boy on YouTube
- Sea lion shows concern after little girl falls