Dog eats tickets to Masters; owner induces vomit
File photo: A day pass for the final day of Practice Rounds at the 76th Masters Tournament at the Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta. / Getty Images/Robyn Beck
(AP) SEATTLE - Russ Berkman's dream came true when he won a lottery for four passes to Wednesday's practice round at the Masters golf tournament. But the Seattle-area resident's stomach turned when he found his dog, Sierra, had eaten them.
Berkman told KJR radio on Tuesday he was still determined to go. His girlfriend told him he had to make his dog puke.See pictures of the dog and devoured tickets
CBSSports.com: Complete Masters coverage
He induced vomiting and recovered a gooey glob. Then he went to work trying to put about 20 vomit-covered pieces back together.
He says he recovered about 70 percent of the tickets. He took photos and explained the situation to the Augusta National Golf Club as "my dog ate my Masters tickets!"
They reprinted Berkman's tickets and had them waiting for him in Georgia.
Popular in Strange
- "Robot cat" blends everything the Internet loves
- Jackie Chan picked a fight with Bruce Lee (and lost)
- Sea lion pup jumps on boat, cuddles with driver
- Learn how to fold a shirt in under two seconds
- Aussies and New Yorkers don't speak same language
- The Feed's Music Round-Up: totally late edition
- Cute babies enjoying the simple things in life
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Some fun with soda, slow motion and ice cubes
- 60,000 people sing "Bohemian Rhapsody" at concert
- 13-year-old Scottish boy sings and blows us away
- Kristen Schaal: hilarious smartphone spokeswoman
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Watch: Kitten born with 2 heads in Oregon
- Extreme meditation in mountain biking and travel
- Chupacabra Found?