Dog eats tickets to Masters; owner induces vomit
File photo: A day pass for the final day of Practice Rounds at the 76th Masters Tournament at the Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta. / Getty Images/Robyn Beck
(AP) SEATTLE - Russ Berkman's dream came true when he won a lottery for four passes to Wednesday's practice round at the Masters golf tournament. But the Seattle-area resident's stomach turned when he found his dog, Sierra, had eaten them.
Berkman told KJR radio on Tuesday he was still determined to go. His girlfriend told him he had to make his dog puke.See pictures of the dog and devoured tickets
CBSSports.com: Complete Masters coverage
He induced vomiting and recovered a gooey glob. Then he went to work trying to put about 20 vomit-covered pieces back together.
He says he recovered about 70 percent of the tickets. He took photos and explained the situation to the Augusta National Golf Club as "my dog ate my Masters tickets!"
They reprinted Berkman's tickets and had them waiting for him in Georgia.
Popular in Strange
- Super slow motion pistol shrimp attack is explosive
- Adorable 2-year-old sings Pearl Jam
- Time Lapse: Peru & Bolivia
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Cats strutting their stuff and living large
- 2-year-old girl adorably nails cover of Pearl Jam
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- Are you my mom? Orphaned pig adopted by mother cat
- "Harlem Shake:" The latest Internet craze
- YouTube marks birthday with music, comedy and cats
- Sights and sounds of Morocco through time-lapse
- Internet's best marriage proposal videos
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Add moments of beauty and serenity to your day
- "Raining Spiders" in Brazil
- Chupacabra Found?