Police: Bank robber returned to finish beer
PORT RICHEY, Fla. Authorities say a Tampa Bay area man ordered a beer at a bar, left to rob a nearby bank, then came back to finish his beer.
The Pasco County Sheriff's Office said 52-year-old John Robin Whittle was arrested at the Hayloft Bar in Port Richey on Thursday afternoon.
Deputies say he's the man who robbed a Wells-Fargo bank branch earlier, but not before stopping off at the Hayloft for a brew.
A bartender there said Whittle ordered a beer, disappeared for about 30 minutes and then returned to his beer.
Deputies say they arrested him at the bar about 10 minutes after he left the bank.
Whittle remained in jail early Friday on $10,000 bond. No attorney was listed for him.
Popular in Strange
- Adorable 2-year-old sings Pearl Jam
- Cats strutting their stuff and living large
- Super slow motion pistol shrimp attack is explosive
- Sights and sounds of Morocco through time-lapse
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Are you my mom? Orphaned pig adopted by mother cat
- 4-year-old girl likely knows comics better than you
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Add moments of beauty and serenity to your day
- Bluegrass rendition of Daft Punk's "One More Time"
- Time Lapse: Death Valley
- Fascinating footage after grizzly bear eats camera
- Clever cat opens five doors in a row to go outside
- YouTube marks birthday with music, comedy and cats
- "Raining Spiders" in Brazil