No psych exam request in Canada body parts case
In this photo provided by Montreal Police, Luka Rocco Magnotta is taken by police from a Canadian military plane to a waiting van on Monday, June 18, 2012, in Mirabel, Quebec. Magnotta, the suspect in the killing and dismemberment of a Chinese student, returned to Canada via military transport from Germany, where he was arrested this month. (AP Photo/Montreal Police) / Uncredited
Luke Magnotta appeared in court in person for the first time Thursday, sitting handcuffed between two guards behind a glass partition.
Magnotta has pleaded not guilty to five charges, including first-degree murder, in the death of university student Jun Lin.
Magnotta was returned to Canada this week from Germany, where he was arrested in an Internet cafe.
Investigators say Magnotta posted a video online showing him having sex with the dismembered corpse. A second, unedited version of the video seen by police shows him eating parts of the body.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Port Authority releases photo of One WTC workers at dizzying heights
- Bridge collapse blamed on tractor-trailer 288 Comments
- Washington state bridge collapses 20 Photos
- Best U.S. beaches 2013 10 Photos
- Frantic 911 calls reveal chaos in Okla., following tornado
- No fatalities in I-5 bridge collapse in NW Wash. 141 Comments
- Baby gray foxes arrive at Ind. wolf park Play Video
- Clean-up efforts underway in Okla. 29 Photos