Where America Stands: Manufacturing Preview
Are steelworkers becoming a disappearing breed in America? Why are we losing jobs, and what can be done?
CBS Reports: Where America Stands
Since 1999, we've lost about one of every three manufacturing jobs in this country, according to Harley Shaiken, a labor expert at the University of California Berkeley.
Tonight we'll bring you to a steel working shop in Portland, Oregon where manufacturing is alive and well.
- Okla. tornado survivor finds dog buried alive under rubble
- Teacher injured in Okla. tornado takes first steps
- Survivor of Bangladesh factory collapse speaks out
- Oklahoma miracle baby -- born amidst tornado chaos
- 5/23: Obama: The war on terror, "like all wars, must end"; baby born as tornado struck
- Man killed in brutal London attack
- CBS News goes undercover in a Bangladesh clothing factory
- Storm spotter: Oklahoma tornado "a nightmare"
- Injured third-grade teacher tells of trying to protect students
- Resentment over wars may have motivated London terror attack
- Did Obama admin. know of IRS targeting during campaign?
- 16-year-old finds a new way to detect cancer
- Angry Pakistanis fight to end U.S. drone strikes
- Parents ask why Okla. schools don't have tornado shelters
- President Obama defends drone strikes
- Survivors pulled from Okla. school hit by tornado