A new survey from Credit.comfinds more than 43 percent of consumers (up from 34 percent from June 2009) say their card company has made one or some combination of the following changes to a credit card account:
Send us an e-mail.
- Closed their account 11% (up from 6% in June 2009 survey)
- Increased their interest rate 27% (up from 19% in June 2009 survey)
- Increased their fees 19% (up from 14% in June 2009 survey)
- Lowered their credit limit 13% (down from 14% in June 2009 survey)
- Increased their minimum payment due 15% (up from 12% in June 2009 survey)
- Reduced their rewards program 11% (up from 9% in June 2009 survey)
CBS News is working on its own poll about changes in credit card spending as many Americans are deciding to cut back on credit card use. Are you passing on the plastic? Have you decided to choose debit over credit? Let us know if you are changing your credit card habits.
- Okla. tornado survivor finds dog buried alive under rubble
- Parents ask why Okla. schools don't have tornado shelters
- Storm spotter: Oklahoma tornado "a nightmare"
- Man killed in brutal London attack
- CBS News goes undercover in a Bangladesh clothing factory
- Survivors pulled from Okla. school hit by tornado
- 5/21: Tornado in Moore, Okla., was an EF5, the most powerful there is
- Oklahoma family narrowly escaped death during tornado
- Injured third-grade teacher tells of trying to protect students
- Oklahoma tornado survivor: "Everything is gone"
- Oklahoma family tells amazing story of survival
- 5/22: Residents return to tornado-ravaged neighborhoods; Undercover in a Bangladesh clothing factory
- Poignant images capture tornado's emotional aftermath
- Friend implicates Boston bombing suspect in triple homicide
- Undercover in a Bangladesh clothing factory
- Residents return to tornado-ravaged neighborhoods