A President's Sweet Farewell
Press Secretary Dana Perino said President Bush was in the Oval Office at 6:55 a.m. this morning.
He made some phone calls, talked to National Security Advisor Steve Hadley, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and took a call from his former Chief of Staff Andrew Card.
Mr. Bush then talk a last walk around the South Lawn, and is now spending his last moments in the White House with his family until the Obamas arrive just before 10 a.m.
Perino herself was in the press room giving out her last supply of M&M's with the presidential seal and Mr. Bush's signature on them.
- Did Obama admin. know of IRS targeting during campaign?
- WH Benghazi emails have different quotes than earlier reported
- 8-year-old fights to get WWII vet recognition he deserves
- 5/17: Congress grills acting IRS commissioner: the student and the vet
- Judgment against alleged Fla. bully surprises everyone
- Domestic violence victim: "I was a prisoner in my own home"
- Calif. dollars add to growing Powerball jackpot
- The power of a uniquely American song
- Congress grills acting IRS commissioner
- 16-year-old finds a new way to detect cancer
- On the road: The student and the vet
- How a "chance" question sparked IRS scandal
- Motive discovered for Boston marathon bombings
- Boston bombing victim's battle for recovery just beginning
- 5/16: Texas tornadoes leave path of destruction; Are Afghan troops ready to take over?
- Amateur video captures Cleveland kidnap victims' rescue