Katie Couric's Notebook: Economic Jitters
Notebook: Economy Jitters
The mortgage mess, high fuel prices and the bank closings this week were alarming enough. Then today, we learned that inflation is roaring back to life - consumer prices climbing 1.1 percent last month - the second biggest jump in 26 years.
Is there a silver lining? Click for more from my Notebook.
- Okla. tornado survivor finds dog buried alive under rubble
- 5/24: I-5 bridge collapses north of Seattle; "On the Road": Three siblings survive Okla. tornado
- The forecaster who sounded the alarm for Moore, Okla.
- Teacher injured in Okla. tornado takes first steps
- Sibling rivalry takes a backseat after Okla. tornado
- Survivor of Bangladesh factory collapse speaks out
- Jersey Shore shop owners reopen for Memorial Day
- 5/23: Obama: The war on terror, "like all wars, must end"; baby born as tornado struck
- Man killed in brutal London attack
- Survivor of KKK Baptist Church bombing: "I had to forgive"
- I-5 bridge collapses north of Seattle
- Oklahoma miracle baby -- born amidst tornado chaos
- Injured third-grade teacher tells of trying to protect students
- On the road: Three siblings survive Okla. tornado
- CBS News goes undercover in a Bangladesh clothing factory
- Tornado victim reunites with dog during interview