McClellan: "I Have Accepted"
McClellan tells CBS News White House correspondent Bill Plante, "I have accepted. I am happy to share what I know."
House Judiciary Committee chairman John Conyers, D-Mich, asked McClellan to testify after he claimed in his new book: "What Happened: Inside the Bush White House and Washington's Culture of Deception" that he was mislead about Scooter Libby's role in the leak by Vice President Dick Cheney and others in the Bush Administration.
McClellan's book has caused quite the stir inside the Beltway and in the media. McClellan spoke with Katie at the beginning of his book release frenzy about his time in the White House Press office - and what he knew during "Plame-gate." You can watch their interview by clicking here.
Conyers asked McClellan to testify next Friday, June 20.
Of course, a few more questions remain. Will President Bush – if he is able to – exert executive privilege to stop his former spokesman's testimony? Will McClellan say anything he hasn't already gone over in his book? We'll be on top of the story – so check back to stay up on the latest.
- Okla. tornado survivor finds dog buried alive under rubble
- Man killed in brutal London attack
- Storm spotter: Oklahoma tornado "a nightmare"
- 5/23: Obama: The war on terror, "like all wars, must end"; baby born as tornado struck
- CBS News goes undercover in a Bangladesh clothing factory
- Oklahoma miracle baby -- born amidst tornado chaos
- Teacher injured in Okla. tornado takes first steps
- 5/22: Residents return to tornado-ravaged neighborhoods; Undercover in a Bangladesh clothing factory
- Injured third-grade teacher tells of trying to protect students
- Survivor of Bangladesh factory collapse speaks out
- Parents ask why Okla. schools don't have tornado shelters
- Injured Okla. teacher: "I wish I could have done more"
- Oklahoma family narrowly escaped death during tornado
- 94-year-old opened storm shelter to neighbors as tornado approached
- Tattoos: A lesser-known form of domestic abuse
- President Obama defends drone strikes