Katie Couric's Notebook: OMG
They stand for "Oh my God," in a fast-growing lexicon known as Internet slang. Eighty five percent of teenagers use text messages, IM, and e-mail on a daily basis. But that vernacular is creeping into the classroom.
Just click on the video monitor for the rest of my Notebook.
- Okla. tornado survivor finds dog buried alive under rubble
- 5/24: I-5 bridge collapses north of Seattle; "On the Road": Three siblings survive Okla. tornado
- The forecaster who sounded the alarm for Moore, Okla.
- I-5 bridge collapses north of Seattle
- Sibling rivalry takes a backseat after Okla. tornado
- Survivor of KKK Baptist Church bombing: "I had to forgive"
- Man killed in brutal London attack
- On the road: Three siblings survive Okla. tornado
- Did Obama admin. know of IRS targeting during campaign?
- Second London terror suspect identified
- The power of a uniquely American song
- Jersey Shore shop owners reopen for Memorial Day
- CBS News goes undercover in a Bangladesh clothing factory
- Storm spotter: Oklahoma tornado "a nightmare"
- Survivor of Bangladesh factory collapse speaks out
- Tornado victim reunites with dog during interview