Word of the Day: Wildland
wildland(WAHYLD-land) noun. Land that has not been cultivated, esp. land set aside and protected as a wilderness."There was a sudden wind shift," Bill Peters, a spokesman for the California Department of Forestry, said on CBS News' The Early Show. " Wildland fires claim more firefighter lives than any other type of fire across the United States."
- Okla. tornado survivor finds dog buried alive under rubble
- 5/24: I-5 bridge collapses north of Seattle; "On the Road": Three siblings survive Okla. tornado
- The forecaster who sounded the alarm for Moore, Okla.
- I-5 bridge collapses north of Seattle
- Sibling rivalry takes a backseat after Okla. tornado
- Survivor of KKK Baptist Church bombing: "I had to forgive"
- On the road: Three siblings survive Okla. tornado
- Jersey Shore shop owners reopen for Memorial Day
- Man killed in brutal London attack
- CBS News goes undercover in a Bangladesh clothing factory
- Second London terror suspect identified
- Did Obama admin. know of IRS targeting during campaign?
- Survivor of Bangladesh factory collapse speaks out
- The power of a uniquely American song
- Resentment over wars may have motivated London terror attack
- Storm spotter: Oklahoma tornado "a nightmare"