Katie Couric's Notebook: Wedding dress
No pressure, Kate! It's hard enough to pick a wedding dress that you really like, let alone the stress of knowing it will be on the homepage of every media outlet in the world.
Gossip columnists from Boston to Bangalore have worked themselves into a froth playing Amazing Kreskin. The dress is definitively Alexander McQueen, although it might be vintage Bespoke - unless, of course, she designed it herself.
I guess sometimes a dress is more than a dress, considering it will likely inspire a multi-million dollar knockoff industry. Whatever Kate wears, you too can have that look - for less.
Not that she needs my advice, but I'd say you're never going to please everyone so do what you damn well please, and remember it's your day, even if the whole world is watching.
That's a page from my notebook.
I'm Katie Couric, CBS News.
- Okla. tornado survivor finds dog buried alive under rubble
- 5/24: I-5 bridge collapses north of Seattle; "On the Road": Three siblings survive Okla. tornado
- The forecaster who sounded the alarm for Moore, Okla.
- I-5 bridge collapses north of Seattle
- Sibling rivalry takes a backseat after Okla. tornado
- Survivor of KKK Baptist Church bombing: "I had to forgive"
- On the road: Three siblings survive Okla. tornado
- Jersey Shore shop owners reopen for Memorial Day
- CBS News goes undercover in a Bangladesh clothing factory
- Survivor of Bangladesh factory collapse speaks out
- Man killed in brutal London attack
- Second London terror suspect identified
- Did Obama admin. know of IRS targeting during campaign?
- Resentment over wars may have motivated London terror attack
- The power of a uniquely American song
- Storm spotter: Oklahoma tornado "a nightmare"