Job Seeking Tips from the Experts
In this tough job market, we put those questions to experts today on @katiecouric.
Looking for some job-seeking tips? Don't write your resume based on the jobs you've had. Instead, "write the resume for the job you want," suggests Ellen Gordon Reeves.
Ellen Gordon Reeves also suggests, "Stop looking for a job, and start looking for a person."
It's better to meet people and make real connections in what she calls "the hidden job market."
Why shouldn't you be worried about the gap in your resume? Don't mind the gap, mine the gap.
Watch the full @katiecouric clip below.
- Okla. tornado survivor finds dog buried alive under rubble
- Storm spotter: Oklahoma tornado "a nightmare"
- Survivors pulled from Okla. school hit by tornado
- Oklahoma tornado survivor: "Everything is gone"
- Injured third-grade teacher tells of trying to protect students
- Okla. family mourns child killed at school following tornado
- 5/21: Plaza Towers Elementary School: A look at the damage; Tornado injuries: A doctor's point of view
- Tornado in Moore, Okla., was an EF5, the most powerful there is
- Oklahoma native's home destroyed for the second time
- Mother and daughter share stories of survival
- 5/20: Deadly tornado strikes Okla.; Fmr. Cincinnati IRS office worker speaks out
- 5/21: Family's last-minute decision likely saved their lives; Closer look reveals extent of destruction in Moore
- At least 51 dead after tornado strikes Oklahoma City suburb
- Saving the kids: One teacher's mission to keep her class safe
- The next day: Search-and-rescue operations become search-and-recovery efforts
- Tornado survivor: "I'm very lucky I am still here"