For your consideration...
First, if you missed it last night, there's a recap of Katie's report on 60 Minutes about dust at Ground Zero. This story is provoking a lot of email and viewer response. Check it out.
Earlier yesterday, Bob Schieffer weighed in with a commentary on Face the Nation, explaining clearly and, I think, persuasively, why September 11, 2001 was our finest hour. Nobody could say it better than Bob.
You'll also find an exclusive interview with the United Flight 93 controller. With so much attention focused on New York City today, this is one part of the story we shouldn't overlook.
And, if we needed any reminders that Afghanistan is still a hotspot of violence and terror: there was a suicide bombing today at an Afghan state funeral.
- Okla. tornado survivor finds dog buried alive under rubble
- Teacher injured in Okla. tornado takes first steps
- Survivor of Bangladesh factory collapse speaks out
- 5/23: Obama: The war on terror, "like all wars, must end"; baby born as tornado struck
- Oklahoma miracle baby -- born amidst tornado chaos
- CBS News goes undercover in a Bangladesh clothing factory
- Man killed in brutal London attack
- Storm spotter: Oklahoma tornado "a nightmare"
- Resentment over wars may have motivated London terror attack
- Injured third-grade teacher tells of trying to protect students
- Did Obama admin. know of IRS targeting during campaign?
- Angry Pakistanis fight to end U.S. drone strikes
- 16-year-old finds a new way to detect cancer
- Parents ask why Okla. schools don't have tornado shelters
- President Obama defends drone strikes
- Survivors pulled from Okla. school hit by tornado