Joey Campanaro's spicy twist on cheeseburgers
Chef Joey Campanaro is known for using fresh, seasonal ingredients, as well as combining bold, rich flavors of the Mediterranean in his recipes. The Little Owl, an intimate restaurant with just 28 seats is one of New York's hottest right now and Campanaro's personality, as much as his food, is part of his restaurant's success.
And on "The Early Show on Saturday Morning," Campanaro shared both his personality - and his well-known "Little Owl Bacon Cheeseburger" - on the broadcast's "THE Dish" segment.
Check out the recipes below for how you can whip up the dishes seen on the broadcast at home.
The Little Owl's Bacon Cheeseburger
- 1 pound ground beef brisket
- 1 pound ground short rib
- 4 slices American cheese
- 8 slices pre-cooked bacon
- 4 buns
- Tomato, sliced
- Purple onion, sliced
- Ketchup (suggested brand: Sir Kensington's)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. madras curry powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. cayenne pepper
1. In a small bowl, mix curry powder, cayenne, 1/2 tablespoon cracked black pepper and 1 1/2 tablespoons sea salt until combined; set aside.
2. Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium high heat.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix brisket and short rib until blended; season with salt and pepper. Separate into four balls and flatten into 3/4-inch thick patties. Season both sides of each patty with spice mixture.
4. Place patties on hot grill or grill pan, cooking for approximately three minutes per side for medium-rare, four minutes per side for medium; top burgers with 2 slices bacon and cover with cheese during the last minute of cooking. Grill buns, turning over once with tongs, until toasted. Cover the burger with the top bun.
5. Layer bottom bun with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and red onion before adding the burger and top bun from the grill. Serve immediately.
6. Serve ketchup and extra pickles on the side for those who want it.
For a more recipes, go to Page 2.
- no previous page
- Dad Punishes Daughter with Free Babysitter Ad Play Video
- How to stop junk mail - forever
- Most of Forbes' most powerful women are moms
- Terms to Never Use in Your Resume
- Legit Work-from-Home Websites - and the Scams
- Lorena Bobbitt, 15 Years Later
- New tornadoes hit Midwest Play Video
- Online Scam Targets Pet Lovers Play Video