Ravens top Broncos in double OT 38-35
Baltimore Ravens kicker Justin Tucker (9) reacts after hitting the winning field goal against the Denver Broncos in overtime of an AFC divisional playoff NFL football game, Saturday, Jan. 12, 2013, in Denver. The Ravens won 38-35. / AP Photo/Joe Mahoney
DENVER Baltimore's Justin Tucker kicked a 47-yard field goal 1:42 into the second overtime Saturday to lift the Ravens to a 38-35 victory over the Denver Broncos in the AFC playoffs.
The Ravens (12-6) forced overtime on a 70-yard touchdown pass from Joe Flacco to Jacoby Jones with 31 seconds left in regulation, after Jones slipped behind a pair of Broncos defenders along the sideline.
Late in the first overtime, Peyton Manning threw across his body on second down and Corey Graham picked off the ball to give the Ravens the ball on the Denver 45. Two plays later, the first overtime ended and the teams switched directions, and after three Ray Rice runs up the middle, Tucker sailed his game-winner through the uprights with room to spare.
Baltimore will travel to either New England or Houston for the AFC title game next Sunday, as linebacker Ray Lewis' career extends at least one more game.
Popular in Sports
- Iran and U.S. wrestling teams meet in NYC
- Upset at the Preakness Stakes
- Golf champion and CBS analyst Ken Venturi dies
- Study: College athletes denied $6.2B over four years
- Alabama's $30,000 crystal BCS trophy shattered
- Ravens survive 49ers, blackout to win Super Bowl
- Watch: 7-foot-5 teen basketball player dominates
- Irish coach: Brittney Griner plays "like a guy"