Manziel, Texas A&M beat Oklahoma 41-13 in Cotton
Johnny Manziel #2 of the Texas A&M Aggies celebrates a touchdown against the Oklahoma Sooners during the Cotton Bowl at Cowboys Stadium on January 4, 2013 in Arlington, Texas. / Photo by Ronald Martinez/Getty Images
ARLINGTON, Texas Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel ran for two touchdowns, threw for two more and had a Cotton Bowl-record 516 total yards as 10th-ranked Texas A&M wrapped up its first SEC season with a 41-13 win over No. 12 Oklahoma on Friday night.
The Aggies (11-2) never trailed after Manziel tiptoed the sideline for a 23-yard TD run on their opening drive of the game.
Texas A&M took control of the game by scoring touchdowns on its first three drives in the third quarter, going ahead 34-13 when Manziel threw a 33-yard TD pass to Ryan Swope on a fourth-and-4 play.
Oklahoma (10-3), which like the Aggies entered the game with a five-game winning streak, went three-and-out on its first three drives after halftime.
Manziel set an FBS bowl record with his 229 yards rushing on 17 carries, and completed 22 of 34 passes for 287 yards.
Popular in Sports
- Iran and U.S. wrestling teams meet in NYC
- Upset at the Preakness Stakes
- Golf champion and CBS analyst Ken Venturi dies
- Indiana Pacers part ways with Larry Bird
- Study: College athletes denied $6.2B over four years
- Alabama's $30,000 crystal BCS trophy shattered
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Irish coach: Brittney Griner plays "like a guy"