Va. police make arrest in college football player's stabbing death
FAIRFAX, Va. A college football player in Virginia found fatally stabbed is being mourned, and Fairfax County police have made an arrest in his killing.
Authorities have arrested 22-year-old Johnny Bonilla, of Gainesville, in the death of Zavier O. Stringfellow. Police say Stringfellow was stabbed during a meeting with Bonilla.
The 19-year-old Stringfellow, of Manassas, was found dead Friday in a minivan in the Vienna area.
Stringfellow played football for Battlefield High School in Haymarket and more recently for Ferrum College in southwestern Virginia, where the roster lists him as a defensive end. His coach, Dave Harper, tells WTOP that Stringfellow was well-liked and had a good attitude.
It wasn't clear if Bonilla had a lawyer. A man who answered the phone at a Bonilla family listing in Gainesville declined to comment.
Popular in Sports
- Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield meet again
- Indiana Pacers part ways with Larry Bird
- Watch: 7-foot-5 teen basketball player dominates
- "Egyptian Popeye" says 31-inch arms all-natural
- Home of Nuggets' Andersen searched, items seized
- Golf champion and CBS analyst Ken Venturi dies
- U.S. sprinter goes from gang life to London Games
- NFL's Top 100 Players of All-Time: Debate