Manning leads Broncos past Raiders, 26-13
OAKLAND, CA - DECEMBER 06: Peyton Manning #18 of the Denver Broncos celebrates after the Broncos scored a touchdown against the Oakland Raiders at O.co Coliseum on December 6, 2012 in Oakland, California. / Photo by Ezra Shaw/Getty Images
OAKLAND, Calif. Peyton Manning threw his 30th touchdown pass of the season on the game's opening drive and the Denver Broncos rolled to their eighth straight victory, beating the Oakland Raiders 26-13 on Thursday night.
Knowshon Moreno ran for 119 yards and a score on a career-high 32 carries and Matt Prater kicked four field goals for the Broncos (10-3), who moved a half-game ahead of New England and Baltimore for the second-best record in the AFC. Denver visits Baltimore next week in a game that will help decide who gets a first-round playoff bye.
Carson Palmer threw one interception that thwarted a possible scoring chance for the Raiders (3-10) and lost a fumble that set up a touchdown for the Broncos as Oakland lost its sixth straight game.
Popular in Sports
- Ex- NFL player with ALS responds after radio hosts fired for mocking him
- Danny Green claims NBA Finals 3-pointer record, MVP next?
- Armstrong tweets pic with Tour de France jerseys
- Putin denies stealing Patriots Super Bowl ring
- Ex-Saint hospitalized after health scare at game
- Manu Ginobili pushes Spurs to edge of championship
- 11-year-old mariachi gets ovation from NBA crowd
- NASCAR's Jason Leffler killed in dirt car event accident