Jets' Ryan angered by anonymous rips of Tebow
New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan walks off the field after his team lost to the Seattle Seahawks in an NFL football game, Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012, in Seattle. The Seahawks won 28-7. / AP Photo/Elaine Thompson
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. An angry Rex Ryan addressed his New York Jets players for some anonymous quotes ripping Tim Tebow in a newspaper report, calling the comments "a cowardly thing."
Ryan, whose Jets are 3-6 and have lost three straight, says Wednesday that he has no respect for players who say things to the media without putting their names to their comments.
A report in the Daily News says that more than a dozen players and members of the Jets organization believe there's no chance Tebow could overtake Mark Sanchez for the starting quarterback job with one saying of the backup: "He's terrible."
Ryan says the Jets never brought Tebow in to be the starter, and adds that he "absolutely wanted Tim here" when New York acquired him from Denver in March.
Popular in Sports
- Ex- NFL player with ALS responds after radio hosts fired for mocking him
- Danny Green claims NBA Finals 3-pointer record, MVP next?
- Putin denies stealing Patriots Super Bowl ring
- Armstrong tweets pic with Tour de France jerseys
- Ex-Saint hospitalized after health scare at game
- Manu Ginobili pushes Spurs to edge of championship
- 11-year-old mariachi gets ovation from NBA crowd
- NASCAR's Jason Leffler killed in dirt car event accident