4 ex-LSU football players arrested, Mathieu included
LSU cornerback Tyrann Mathieu smiles and gestures during media day for the BCS championship football game at the Superdome in New Orleans Jan. 6, 2012. / AP Photo
BATON ROUGE, La. Police say they arrested four former LSU football players, including one-time Heisman Trophy finalist Tyrann Mathieu, after finding them with marijuana at Mathieu's apartment.
Baton Rouge police on Thursday said they also arrested ex-LSU quarterback Jordan Jefferson, and former defensive backs Derrick Bryant and Karnell Hatcher.
Police say Mathieu, Jefferson and Hatcher were booked on charges of marijuana possession while Bryant faces a charge of possession with intent to distribute.
Police say they were called to the apartment complex after receiving a complaint about a man forcing his way through the security gate before going to Mathieu's apartment.
Mathieu is a cornerback known as the "Honey Badger." He had been dismissed from the Tigers in August for failing a drug test.
Popular in Sports
- Upset at the Preakness Stakes
- Golf champion and CBS analyst Ken Venturi dies
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Iran and U.S. wrestling teams meet in NYC
- Indiana Pacers part ways with Larry Bird
- Phil Ivey skips World Series of Poker in protest
- Warrant issued for former NFL player Chad Johnson
- "60 Minutes" stands by Lance Armstrong report