Miami Heat will repeat as NBA champs and Lakers will win West, NBA GMs predict
Lebron James surges past the Oklahoma Thundercats during the NBA Finals 2012. / Ronald Martinez
NEW YORK NBA general managers are predicting the Miami Heat to repeat as NBA champions and LeBron James to win another MVP award.
The GMs gave high marks to the Los Angeles Lakers' moves and picked them to win the Western Conference, but the Heat got 70 percent of the votes to win the 2013 championship.
2012 NBA Finals
In the same survey last year, three out of four (correctly) predicted the Heat would win the title
Kobe Bryant was voted best shooting guard and Chris Paul was singled out as the top point guard. General managers picked Kevin Love as the best power forward, and Dwight Howard was voted the best center.
Those were among the results of the annual NBA.com GM Survey, released Monday. All 30 executives were polled and could not vote for their own teams or players. Responders voted the Hornets' Anthony Davis as the likely Rookie of the Year and the Spurs' Gregg Popovich as the league's best coach.
Full results of the more than 50 questions are available on NBA.com.
Popular in Sports
- Ex- NFL player with ALS responds after radio hosts fired for mocking him
- Heat avoid elimination, beat Spurs in overtime, 103-100
- Report: Aaron Hernandez questioned in death investigation
- Manu Ginobili pushes Spurs to edge of championship
- Danny Green claims NBA Finals 3-pointer record, MVP next?
- Armstrong tweets pic with Tour de France jerseys
- Home of Nuggets' Andersen searched, items seized
- Putin denies stealing Patriots Super Bowl ring