Jets top Patriots - in highest average ticket prices
New York Jets fans cheer during their preseason game against the Carolina Panthers at MetLife Stadium on August 26, 2012 in East Rutherford, New Jersey. / Photo by Jeff Zelevansky/Getty Images
(CBS/AP) NEW YORK - The New York Jets are tops in the NFL in average ticket prices.
Team Marketing Report released its Fan Cost Index on Thursday, with the Jets having the highest average for non-premium tickets at $117.94. They beat out their AFC East rivals, the New England Patriots, by 10 cents.
The Jets lowered some ticket prices for this year, but the total remains much higher than the league average, which is $78.38 a 2.5 percent increase from last season. The Chicago Bears had the highest increase in average ticket prices at 9.2 percent, and rank fourth in the NFL at $110.91 per ticket.
The Super Bowl champion Giants are third at $111.69.
The Cleveland Browns have the lowest average per ticket at $54.20.
According to ESPN.com's Darren Rovell, the average cost to buy four regular tickets , two beers, four hot dogs, parking, program and two adult size hats is $443.93, up 3.9 percent from last year.
Popular in Sports
- Upset at the Preakness Stakes
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Golf champion and CBS analyst Ken Venturi dies
- Iran and U.S. wrestling teams meet in NYC
- Indiana Pacers part ways with Larry Bird
- Phil Ivey skips World Series of Poker in protest
- "60 Minutes" stands by Lance Armstrong report
- Warrant issued for former NFL player Chad Johnson