Michael Vick back at practice and "close to 100 percent"
New England Patriots linebacker Jermaine Cunningham drops Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick to the field on a hard hit during the first quarter of an NFL preseason football game in Foxborough, Mass., Aug. 20, 2012. / AP Photo
(AP) PHILADELPHIA - Michael Vick is back practicing after injuring his ribs last week and Eagles offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg says he's "real close to 100 percent."
Vick returned to the field Sunday night for the Philadelphia's annual practice party at Lincoln Financial Field. He left last Monday night's game after taking a hard hit that left him with bruised ribs and didn't play in Friday's game at Cleveland.
"I thought he threw the ball last night just beautifully; threw it strong and aggressively," Mornhinweg said Monday. "So, I think he's ready to rock and roll. That's my point on that. I think he's ready to go."
Vick has taken just 12 snaps in two preseason games and isn't expected to play against the Jets on Thursday.
Popular in Sports
- Upset at the Preakness Stakes
- Golf champion and CBS analyst Ken Venturi dies
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Phil Ivey skips World Series of Poker in protest
- Indiana Pacers part ways with Larry Bird
- Decisive win at muddy Kentucky Derby
- Iran and U.S. wrestling teams meet in NYC
- Sheriff: Ex-NASCAR driver Dick Trickle dead at 71