Chad Johnson arrested on domestic violence charge
NFL player Chad Ochocinco and Evelyn Lozada pose with Motorola Xoom at the Maxim Party Powered by Motorola Xoom at Centennial Hall at Fair Park on February 5, 2011 in Dallas, Texas. / Gary Miller/Getty Images for Motorola Xoom
(AP) DAVIE, Fla. - Police say Dolphins receiver Chad Johnson has been arrested on a domestic violence charge, accused of head-butting his newlywed wife during an argument in front of their home in Davie, Fla.
Davie police Capt. Dale Engle says Johnson and his wife were at dinner Saturday night and she confronted him about a receipt she had found for a box of condoms. His wife, Evelyn Lozada, is on the reality show, "Basketball Wives," and the couple married last month.
Engle says when they arrived at their driveway, Lozada says Johnson head-butted her. She was treated at a hospital for a forehead cut.
Engle says Johnson is in the Broward County Jail where he will remain until he can appear before a judge, which Engle says might not be until Monday.
Johnson's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, declined to comment.
Popular in Sports
- Sergio Garcia apologizes to Tiger Woods for "fried chicken" remark
- Bay Area hosting 50th Super Bowl
- Home of Nuggets' Andersen searched, items seized
- Paralyzed Tulane player to spend holidays at home
- Study: College athletes denied $6.2B over four years
- NFL's Top 100 Players of All-Time: Debate
- Watch: 7-foot-5 teen basketball player dominates
- "Egyptian Popeye" says 31-inch arms all-natural