Jason Kidd apologizes for arrest on DWI charge
Jason Kidd in action during an NBA game between the Dallas Mavericks and the Phoenix Suns, March 8, 2012 in Phoenix, Ariz. / Christian Petersen/Getty Images
(AP) NEW YORK - Jason Kidd has apologized on Twitter for his arrest on a drunken-driving charge after an accident last week.
Days after signing with the Knicks, Kidd crashed his SUV into a telephone pole in the Hamptons on Sunday, Southampton Town police said. He was treated at a hospital for minor injuries after the 2010 Cadillac Escalade he was driving hit a pole and veered into the woods around 2 a.m.
Kidd writes Friday that he regrets "any disruption my accident last weekend may have caused members of the community and want to thank the local authorities."
In another posting, Kidd also thanks his family and friends for their support.
Popular in Sports
- Golf champion and CBS analyst Ken Venturi dies
- Upset at the Preakness Stakes
- Decisive win at muddy Kentucky Derby
- Sheriff: Ex-NASCAR driver Dick Trickle dead at 71
- Iran and U.S. wrestling teams meet in NYC
- Phil Ivey skips World Series of Poker in protest
- Warrant issued for former NFL player Chad Johnson
- Commentary: 5 myths about Ray Lewis' murder trial