NBA's Jason Kidd arrested for DWI
Jason Kidd in action during an NBA game between the Dallas Mavericks and the Phoenix Suns, March 8, 2012 in Phoenix, Ariz. / Christian Petersen/Getty Images
(CBS News) SOUTHAMPTON, N.Y. - Jason Kidd, who recently signed a new three-year, $9 million deal with the New York Knicks, was arrested in Southampton for DWI early Sunday.
CBS Station WCBS reports police confirmed the 39-year-old player struck a telephone pole with his Cadillac Escalade, and then drove into the woods just before 2 a.m.
After the accident, Kidd was taken to the local hospital for minor injuries, and then released to the police.
Kidd was arraigned on a misdemeanor driving-while-intoxicated charge before being released without bond Sunday morning, according to the Southampton Patch.
Kidd played for the New Jersey Nets from 2001-2008 and recently played for the Dallas Mavericks from 2008-2012.
Popular in Sports
- Upset at the Preakness Stakes
- Golf champion and CBS analyst Ken Venturi dies
- Decisive win at muddy Kentucky Derby
- Phil Ivey skips World Series of Poker in protest
- Sheriff: Ex-NASCAR driver Dick Trickle dead at 71
- Iran and U.S. wrestling teams meet in NYC
- Warrant issued for former NFL player Chad Johnson
- Commentary: 5 myths about Ray Lewis' murder trial