To the Finals: Heat top Celtics 101-88 in Game 7
Miami Heat's LeBron James (6) drives to the basket as Boston Celtics' Paul Pierce (34) defends during the second half of Game 7 of the NBA basketball playoffs Eastern Conference finals, Saturday, June 9, 2012, in Miami. / AP Photo/Lynne Sladky
(AP) MIAMI - The Miami Heat are headed back to the NBA finals.
LeBron James had 31 points and 12 rebounds, Dwyane Wade scored 23 points and the Heat rallied from as many as 11 points down to beat the Boston Celtics 101-88 on Saturday night in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals.
Chris Bosh finished with 19 points off the Miami bench, and made a 3-pointer that sparked a huge Heat run to end the game.
Next up: The Heat play Game 1 of the title series in Oklahoma City on Tuesday night.
Rajon Rondo finished with 22 points, 14 assists and 10 rebounds for Boston, which got 19 points from Paul Pierce in what might be the last game of the "Big Four" era for the Celtics.
2012 NBA Playoffs: Conference Finals
Popular in Sports
- Heat avoid elimination, beat Spurs in overtime, 103-100
- Aaron Hernandez questioned in death investigation
- Ex- NFL player with ALS responds after radio hosts fired for mocking him
- Armstrong tweets pic with Tour de France jerseys
- Putin denies stealing Patriots Super Bowl ring
- NASCAR's Jason Leffler killed in dirt car event accident
- Home of Nuggets' Andersen searched, items seized
- Danny Green claims NBA Finals 3-pointer record, MVP next?