NFL to hold appeal hearings on Saints bounties
Ronald Martinez/Getty Images
(AP) NEW ORLEANS - An NFL spokesman says the league expects to hold hearings this week on appeals filed in connection with the investigation of the Saints' bounty system.
Greg Aiello says he cannot confirm who has appealed, citing league policies.
Head coach Sean Payton is appealing his season-long suspension, a person familiar with the situation has told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because no one has announced his plans.
General manager Mickey Loomis is appealing his eight-game suspension, assistant head coach Joe Vitt is appealing his six-game suspension and the club is appealing its $500,000 fine and loss of second-round draft picks in 2012 and 2013.
The appeals will be heard by Commissioner Roger Goodell in New York.
ESPN reported Sunday Payton and Loomis would meet with the commissioner on Tuesday.
Popular in Sports
- Ex- NFL player with ALS responds after radio hosts fired for mocking him
- Danny Green claims NBA Finals 3-pointer record, MVP next?
- Putin denies stealing Patriots Super Bowl ring
- Armstrong tweets pic with Tour de France jerseys
- Ex-Saint hospitalized after health scare at game
- Manu Ginobili pushes Spurs to edge of championship
- NASCAR's Jason Leffler killed in dirt car event accident
- 11-year-old mariachi gets ovation from NBA crowd